Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hiatus OVER!

Innocent blog, how I have neglected you.

Not only have my senior project, senior year, and college education ended completely, but I've moved to an even more geologically stimulating city: San Francisco!

I am hostessing (for now).
I am writing (often!) in my huge new backyard (Presidio National Park!) and endlessly searching new places to explore.

I feel as I have returned to Paris where everyone doesn't smoke, speak French, and make tiny mouth-breathing noises so much ...as the French tend to do. The Bay Area folk just tend to say hella a lot less than expected, love food more than children, and have tumultuous love affairs with the Giants during the MLB playoffs.

Back to GEOLOGY.
Tomorrow I'm off to one of my unmentioned dream destinations: Pyramid Lake, Nevada.
Not only do we get to stop in the fun gold-miner town Truckee, but I get to figure out what Tufa looks like up close.

Tufa: rocks that grow due to evaporation of lime-rich waters, forming a calcite crystal residue.

Even the USGS diagrams are beautiful. I would totally frame and hang this on my unfurnished new studio's walls:


Excited to vacate the city for a few rainy fall days and search for life in an ancient lake, with ancient fish to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am an eco-nazi flaneur stuck in East LA.